Diploma Engineering or known as Polytechnic is a professional course that includes practice knowledge in the field of Technical Education. Most of the candidates pursue Polytechnic Diploma after 10th or 12th. These courses are help candidates to learn the practical aspects and basics of the respective subject/stream. Therefore, it is so easy for an aspirant to get a suitable job for them. Some have the dilemma that Polytechnic provides only basic knowledge of a specific field which is why it is required to go for higher education after. But you can find a suitable job after completing Polytechnic. With this article, candidates will have a brief aspect of best career options after Polytechnic including the scope, job options, higher degree options, best colleges, etc.
After pursuing Polytechnic, candidates can get a good job on their own. But it is true, to get a diverse job opportunity or hike in salary, Graduation or further study is a must. While doing the Polytechnic the candidates only introduced to the foundation aspect of the study along with practical training. Although this training is enough to take a job at the junior level. Polytechnic Diploma courses make you eligible for the short-cut to a professional career by many students. Polytechnic is a great option for those who what to start their career early. A diploma offers you various exciting career options. And this job offers a lucrative salary also.
Aspirant could aim for the Government & Private both sector. They can opt to join the government service sector jobs like railways, ONGC, GAIL, Indian army, NSSO, etc, private-sector jobs or even start their own business and be self-employed.
Public Sector / PSUs
The Government or their allied Public Sector Units offer great career opportunities to Polytechnic Diploma holders. These companies hire Diploma holders for junior level positions (for both engineering and non-engineering candidates) and technician level jobs.
Top Companies hiring Polytechnic Diploma Graduates
• Indian Army
• GAIL: Gas Authority of India Limited
• ONGC: Oil & Natural Gas Corporation
• DRDO: Defence Research and Development Organization
• BHEL: Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
• NTPC: National Thermal Power Corporation
• Public Work Departments
• BSNL: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
• Irrigation Departments
• Infrastructure Development Agencies
• NSSO: National Sample Survey Organization
• IPCL: Indian Petro Chemicals Limited
2. Private Sector
Similar to the public sector, even private sector companies, especially those dealing in manufacturing, construction and electronics and communication domains hire Polytechnic Diploma holders. However, these jobs are junior level and have very little scope of promotion or expansion.
Top private sector companies hiring Polytechnic Diploma Holders
• Airlines: Indigo, Spicejet, Jet Airways, etc.
• Construction Firms: Unitech, DLF, Jaypee Associated, GMR Infra, Mitas, etc.
• Communication Firms: Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Idea Cellular, etc.
• Computer Engineering Firms: TCS, HCL, Wipro, Polaris, etc.
• Automobiles: Maruti Suzuki, Toyota, TATA Motors, Mahindra, Bajaj Auto, etc.
• Electrical / Power Firms: Tata Power, BSES, Seimens, L&T, etc.
• Mechanical Engg Firms: Hindustan Unilever, ACC Ltd, Voltas, etc.
Polytechnic institutes are specially tailored to train the students in the practical or application-oriented aspects of the respective subject. This prepares the students to learn the basics of the subject and apply it to start their own business. Polytechnic students earn the ability to inspect everything from the ground level. It makes it easier for the student to start up their own business.