National Scholarship is any of the scholarships established by the National Government, or Government of India.
In India, the government offers a sizable number of scholarships, some of which are awarded at the state level and others at the national level. There are scholarships from government organizations, such as:
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs,
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities,
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment,
- Ministry of Education (previously known as MHRD),
- Ministry of Labour and Employment and others.
National Scholarship Amount
The recipient’s course of study will determine the award’s amount. It costs Rs. 5400 per month for students who pursue general degree programs (BA, BSc, BCom, BMS, BBA, etc.) and Rs. 7800 per month for those pursuing professional degree programs (B.E., BTech, MBBS, B. Pharm., etc.). Whether the candidate is pursuing a general or professional course of study will be confirmed by the relevant university, institute, or college.
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for Grades 1–5: Rs. 1000
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for Grades 6 through 10: Rs. 5,000
- Merit Cum Means a Scholarship of $25,000 or $30,000 for Professional and Technical Courses
- Post-High School Awards for 11th and 12th Grades: Rs. 6000; Post-High School Awards for Undergraduates: Rs. 6000 to Rs. 12000
You have to submit:
- Passport size photo
- Aadhar Card
- Residential proof
- Last year’s Mark list
- Self-declaration of religious affiliation
- Proof of income
- Bank passbook Xerox with the IFSC code
National Scholarship Application Submission Process
You have to complete these steps in order to submit an application for National Scholarship:
- Students must use their web browser to access the NSP portal’s official website at https://scholarships.gov.in.
- Clicking the “Search for Institute” button will allow you to see if your academic institute is listed on the portal. Ask your academic institute to register first if it is not already doing so.
- After your institute has been registered, click “New Registration” to continue registering on the platform.
- The registration policies page will load. To continue, carefully read them before clicking the “Continue” button.
- Enter all the necessary information in the registration form, then click “Register.”
- Your registered mobile number will receive a password and an application ID. Keep it safely stored somewhere for future use.
- Use the registered password and application ID to log in to the NSP portal.
- You will be required to reset the password and enter the OTP that was sent to your registered mobile no. Then, click “Continue.”
- A dashboard for applicants will appear. To continue with the scholarship application, click the “Application Form” button.
- Complete the application form with all the necessary information.
- All supporting documents should be uploaded along with the application.
- Click the “Final Submit” button to finish.
- Print off and save the application form for future use.
The North-Eastern Indian states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura and Sikkim are the only ones whose residents are eligible for the schemes.
Each scholarship has a set of pre-established qualifying requirements that must be met in order to get the benefits. If you meet the requirements for any of the scholarships, you may submit an application in accordance with the deadline.
- The scope of the program only applies to candidates whose yearly household income is less than or equivalent to Rs. 4.5 lakh.
- The online application form must be submitted along with the domicile certificate or permanent resident certificate provided by the appropriate government.
- Only students who have successfully completed the current year’s Class XII (CBSE board) or an equivalent state board exam can apply.
- Only students who passed the class XII test or an exam of similar difficulty in this academic year can apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in integrated courses. These recipients, however, were only eligible for scholarships during the undergraduate portion of the program.
- The recipients, however, will only be qualified to receive scholarships for the duration of the first-degree program.
- Not all courses are included in the scope of the program. The grant will be given for general degree programs, professional programs, technical programs, and programs in medicine and paramedicine (including BDS, MBBS, BAMS, B.Tech, B.Arch., etc.)
Keep in mind that there is no scholarship transfer provision.
If the recipient does not pass the yearly or term end exams for the course, the scholarship will not be renewed.
The concerned university, institute, or college where the applicant is enrolled in a program of study will examine the applicant’s credentials on the NSP (National Scholarship Portal).