The West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation has various scholarship programs (WBMDFC). However, it has decided to create the Aikyashree scholarship so that students from minority communities, including Christian, Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist, Parsee, and Jain, may benefit from financial support from the State government.
The state of West Bengal has established the Aikyashree Scholarship for deserving students from the state’s minority populations. The scholarship program is monitored and managed by WBMDFC (West Bengal Minority Development and Finance Corporation).
Benefits of Aikyashree Scholarship:
There are various benefits of the Aikyashree scholarship program. It has been established keeping the following aims in consideration:
- Give deserving students financial need loans so they can finish their studies
- Implement initiatives to help women from underrepresented communities advance
- Ensure financial independence for pupils
- Improve West Bengal’s literacy rate
- Give pupils preparation for numerous competitive tests
- Encourage training initiatives that will help pupils improve their skills.
- Give several scholarships to deserving yet underprivileged pupils.
Only students who received more than 50% on their prior exam are eligible for the Aikyashree scholarship amount. The State Government fund provides the scholarship amount to qualifying students. The recipients of the scholarships are divided into two categories:
- Day students
Amount of Scholarship:
The sum of the Aikyashree Scholarship varies by course.
- The annual scholarship ranges between Rs. 1,100 and Rs. 11,000 for classes 1 through 10.
- The annual scholarship sum for Class 11 and Class 12 ranges between Rs. 10,200 and Rs. 16,500.
- The annual scholarship value ranges between Rs. 22,000 and Rs. 30,000 for courses from Class 11 to PhD or any Professional and Technical course.
The Aikyashree scholarship can be attained by students of two categories:
- New candidates
- Applicants for the renewal scholarship
A student shall only be considered eligible for the New Scholarship based on merit and it is subject to the budget that is allocated by the State Government.
Only students who received 50% or higher on their prior exam will be taken into consideration for the renewal scholarship by the organization. Candidates must have earned a minimum of 50% on their most recent yearly test, 75% on their secondary exam, 53% on any postgraduate study with honors, and 55% on any professional program.
Documents Needed for Application:
Before beginning the application procedure, students who intend to enroll and apply for the Aikyashree scholarship must have access to the required credentials and documentation. These include:
- Income Certificate
- Self-certified Community Certificate
- Receipt for fees for the current academic year
- A self-attested copy of the mark sheet from the previous year
- Certificate of residence / Domicile Certificate
- Bank Account information
- Applicants’ photo in passport size
How to Apply for Aikyashree Scholarship?:
A student must take the following actions in order to renew their WBMDFC scholarship:
- Go to the All Scholarship official website
- Select the Renewal Application link to launch a new window.
- In the dialogue box that appears on the screen, choose your district and press OK.
- Enter your application ID, birthdate, district, and captcha code to log in.
- Select “Login”
- To your registered mobile number, you will be given an OTP. To submit, enter the sent OTP.
- You will have the choice between renewing your application and withdrawing it. Simply select Renew Application.
- Fill out the registration form with the requested information, such as name, birth date, email address, parent’s names, gender, and religion.
- Select Next and Submit.
- Add your academic history and present information.
- Press on Next and Submit.
- Check and double-check the bank account information in the passbook, including the IFSC, bank and branch names, bank account number, and name.
- Check the confirmation box that reads that you certify, to the best of your knowledge and belief, that the bank account data is correct.
- Press on Next and Submit.
- Include the form’s required papers in the upload (institute verification certificate)
- Fill out the application and submit it by selecting the Next tab.
- Check the information one last time before submitting the form.
- Select the tab labeled “Submit and Lock Renewal Application”
- A popup will appear asking whether the information is accurate. In that case, select OK.
- To print the renewal application, click Print Renewal Application.
How to Check the Status of an Aikyashree Scholarship Application?
- Visit the WBMDFC website for further information.
- The menu bar’s Track Application tab should be selected.
- Afterwards, choose the district, application ID, and birth date.
- When the captcha code shows on the screen, enter it.
- Lastly, select the Submit tab.
To be eligible for this award, students must be from one of the following minority groups: Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Sikh, Jain, or Parsee. Students in classes ranging from Class 1 through PhD level may apply for it.