The West Bengal Government has consistently aided organizations that work to improve student welfare and has also offered numerous government scholarships to students. One of the initiatives of the Students Welfare Society of West Bengal is the Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search. For scientific students, JBNSTS offers a number of scholarships and administers tests. For the benefit of students, the Jagadish Chandra Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) has announced scholarships. The JBNSTS Organization administers the JBNSTS Talent Search Exam, identifies gifted students in the Science Stream, and offers them financial aid for postsecondary education. Students who chose the science stream after their tenth grade and are enrolled in a variety of science courses.
The scholarship program called JBNSTS Scholarship 2022 is available to West Bengal students. For students in grades 10, 11, and 12, the JBNSTS (Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search) has introduced the JBNSTS Junior and JBNSTS Senior scholarships. The JBNSTS Senior and Junior Talent Search Tests are used by JBNSTS to choose the recipients of these scholarships.
The following requirements must be met in order to be eligible to apply for the JBNSTS scholarship:
- The applicant needs to have obtained 75% overall passing marks on their 10th grade or equivalent exam.
- He/she must have enrolled in a West Bengal-based school for Class 11th in the current academic year with a scientific stream.
- Students in the science stream must have chosen at least three of the following courses: Physics, Chemistry, Math, Statistics, Biology and Computer Science.
Advantages of the Scholarship Program
The recipients of this award can receive the following advantages:
- A scholarship for two years of INR 1,000 per month (class 11th and 12th)
- A 2,500 INR book grant per year
- Exposure to workshops and seminars intended for young academics.
Jagadish Chandra Bose JBNSTS Scholarship: Documents Required
Applicants who intend to submit an application for a scholarship or examination form through JBNSTS must possess all of the documentation requested in the online application form. Here is a list of the documents needed:
- Aadhaar Card,
- Bank Passbook,
- Residential Certificate
- 10th Marksheet
- Voter Id, or any other form of identification
- A self-declaration or admission receipt with an email ID from the enrolled institution.
To be able to offer scholarships to applicants, Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) is looking for all those who have completed their 10th standard. With this new scholarship, candidates will receive 1000 Rupees every month for around two years. For this scholarship program, candidates must pass a written test in order to be considered.
Process for Junior Scholarship Selection
To be chosen for this opportunity, the applicant must adhere to the following selection criteria:-
The JBNSTS Junior Talent Search Test is held in August at several testing locations around West Bengal. Mathematical, biological, and physical sciences are all covered in the test. The exam lasts two hours and has a total score of 90.
There are no failing grades.
Students who have been shortlisted are invited to the interview at a certain time and location. Candidates who succeed in the interview round are given the scholarship. When reporting for an interview, students are recommended to bring a hard copy of the letter of interview and the necessary paperwork.
During this period, teachers evaluated the students based on how well they could think creatively in different contexts. The JBNSTS Scholarship’s third and final phase is this one.
How to Apply Online for Junior Talent Search Test?
- To access the official website for the scholarship, click the link provided here.
- Click the link “Apply Online” for Junior Talent Search Test that you can find on the homepage.
- The screen will change to a new page having instructions for filling out the form.
- Carefully go through all the directions.
- Select “Apply Online” from the menu.
- You’ll see the application form on your screen.
- Enter the following information: name, gender, date of birth, parent’s names, family income, address, email address, information about the current school the candidate is attending, and information about Class 10.
- Upload the necessary paperwork online.
- Make application fees payment.
- Make the application form submission successfully.
How to Apply Offline?
These are the steps:
- From the JBNSTS Junior scholarship portal, download the application form.
- After that, complete the application form along with the necessary information.
- Mail the required documentation for the scholarship—such as photos, transcripts of records, bank draughts, etc.—to the address listed below.
This scholarship program offers several advantages, and qualified students who demonstrate merit can receive INR 1.000 in rewards each month.