The West Bengal state government established the Kanyashree Scholarship 2022 with a focus on the girl child in society. To be eligible for this scholarship program known as the Kanyashree Scholarship, the applicant must be a legitimate permanent resident of West Bengal State. By visiting the official website created by the West Bengal State Government, you can submit an application for the scholarship. This allows the recipients to complete their process online.
This brand-new scholarship program was established to support the nation’s female youth. The Kanyashree Scholarship 2022 is a program designed specifically to aid girls who are unable to finish their education due to social pressure and a lack of financial support from their families.
Benefits of the Kanyashree Scholarship
With this scholarship, the following incentives will be given:-
- Annual scholarship of Rs. 750 (K1 Level).
- One Time Grant (K2 Level): Rs. 25,000
- The Kanyashree Award (K3 Level):
- Students in the science stream pay Rs. 2500 per month.
- Students in the arts stream pay Rs. 2000 per month.
The West Bengal government launched the innovative scholarship program Kanyashree to provide financial support for female students pursuing higher education. This scholarship program was once restricted to high school and college students. However, this program was expanded to include postgraduate courses in 2017.
Documents Needed for Kanyashree Scholarship
According to this scholarship, the following documents are necessary:-
- Aadhar Card
- Birth registration
- Income statement
- Ration card
- A residence permit
- Educational diplomas
- Account information
- A passport-sized photo
- A declaration that you are single
Eligibility Criteria for Kanyashree Scholarship
Annual scholarship (K1 Level)
- The student submitting an application for this award must reside in West Bengal.
- She should not be wed
- The family income of the students should be less than or equivalent to Rs. 1, 20,000 annually.
- The pupil must be between the ages of 13 and 17.
- The female student cannot be older than 18 as this would disqualify her from receiving yearly scholarship advantages and only allow her to get a one-time benefit.
- The female student must be enrolled in courses equivalent to vocational or other technical training programs in a government-recognized regular or similar school between eighth and twelfth grades.
- The following circumstances will affect the maximum family income:
- The student is already a scholarship recipient and plans to apply for a renewal of the benefit.
- The dead student’s parents (both father and mother) were both scholarship recipients.
One-Time Grant (K2 Level)
The student submitting an application for this award must reside in West Bengal. When she becomes 18 she should not be married. Families of students should earn no more than or equal to Rs. 1, 20,000 annually. The female candidate student must be enrolled in and regularly attending a higher education or training facility.
Only the following circumstances allow for a change in the family income requirement for female applicants:
- Parents of the student (parents, father and mother) are deceased;
- Student has a physical disability.
Kanyashree Scholarship (K3 Level)
The K3 plan would only be open to students who had signed up for the K2 program. There is no upper age limit for applicants. The candidate must have earned at least 45% on their undergraduate examination. They must have applied for admission to any university’s postgraduate program.
How to Apply for Kanyashree Scholarship?
K1 Level: A form for applying for the yearly scholarship printed on pale green paper.
K2 Level: K2 is the name for one-time grant application forms that are printed on light blue paper.
Girls who have got at least one grant previously and are under 18 years old do not need to apply for renewal.
Girls who have received at least one grant must reapply via K2 if they are above 28 and wish to continue receiving grants.
How to Install the Kanyashree App?
If you download the Kanyashree app for the program, then proceed as follows:-
- First, visit the Kanyashree Scholarship’s official website.
- Your screen will then display the homepage.
- Select the “Kanyashree app download” link.
- There will be a new page.
- Select “Install” from the menu.
- Use the app after installing it.
For any questions or issues relating to the scholarship program, applicants can get in touch using the information provided above.
Phone no: 033-23373846