When It comes to Government job, The position of the clerk is the most common and demanding post. whether it’s a bank or other organization. Clerk plays an important role in the offices. Therefore there is a need for candidates who have the eligibility to take responsibility. The clerk initially appoints in the junior level grade. Then with the improved work skill, they promoted to the officer level.
Responsibility of a Clerk
• Clerk manages and helps to manage all the administration tasks within an organization or department.
• Maintaining the files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
• Sorting and distributing work mail, files, and compose the mail.
• Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
• Assist in making travel arrangements and booking venues for conferences and events.
Skill for having a Clerk Job
- Management skills: Leadership and management play an important role in success. A clerk should be able to progress in their career if they have the management skill.
- Work Speed: A Clerk should have good typing speed and writing speed as well.
- Good Communication Skill
- Knowledge in MS Office
Eligibility For Cleark Job
Qualification: With a minimum 12th pass / Bachelor’s degree. an aspirant can apply for all clerk post in every department. It is important to have Graduation from a government recognized University.
Age Limit: The required age limit for any organization Clerk job is between 20 to 30 years or as asked by the respected authority.
How to get a Clerk job
The most popular and demanding clerk job category is the banking clerk. To become a private bank clerk, a candidate has to clear the IBPS examination. These exams are held by the IBPS organization. These are written exams, followed by Interviews. Candidates who want a clear job Government Bank has to crack the 3 step clerk entrance exam organized by SBI or RBI. It is mandatory for the candidates to clear all the steps of the exam.
For other government organization clerk posts, the Staff Selection Commission or SSC committee organized an examination known as SSC CHSL Examination. This exam contains 3 steps is qualifying nature. The aspirants must qualify through all three stages to succeed in the SSC CHSL selection process.
Salary Scale for Clerk Job
Clerk appointed on a quite handsome pay scale, More delightful things are along with the basic salary the enjoy many other allowances such as Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), Transport Allowance (TA), and others. The salary Structure of a clerk is
- Basic Pay starts with Rs. 12000/- and stays between 32000 monthly.
- Selected clerks will be granted Dearness Allowance (DA)
- Most (selected) Clerk Post also allocated House Rent allowances on the basis of the placed they are transferred to. These allowances usually range between Rs.2000/- to Rs.10000/-.
- They also have given transport support and medical allowances
The career in Clerk is auspicious today. There was a time when it was tough to get such jobs. But, today the central and state government has made the process quite systematic and simple. If you have the talent and potential, no one can stop you from getting into the Indian railway jobs in India. You can look at the positions along with the qualifications needed. This will help you decide your role once you wish to have a career in Clerk’s job.