As the word suggests, ‘Defence’ is the action to resist an attack. India has a huge network of defense at various levels. The officers as well as front liners recruited in defense based jobs need to protect the nation from various types of attacks. The wars in borders of the nation are one of the examples of such a tricky situation. Our government employs defense personnel to fight against any type of disorder taking place within the nation. If you want to have a career in this field, the defense job in India will fit you well.
Types of defense jobs in India
There are different types of defense jobs which can be a career for you. There are different departments and government ventures where the defense personnel is recruited. Following are the departments:
• Indian Army jobs
• All Indian Air force Jobs
• Indian navy jobs
• Jobs in Ministry of home affairs
• Recruitment in the Police department
• Coast guard recruitment jobs
• Armed force medical service recruitment
Who can apply for the defense jobs?
One who gets a job in defense holds a prestigious position. Thus, it is very important to have a minimum qualification that will set as a benchmark or eligibility criteria. The eligibility criterion is set as per the position destined in each position. Following are some of the examples:
• For the Indian Army- The department has named a process of recruiting candidates. It is known as
Technical Entry Scheme (TES). The criteria for the same are:
• One must pass 10+2
• The individual with unmarried status will be proffered
• He must have subjects like Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry
• The percentage obtained must be at least 70%
• The age must be between 16 ½ to 19 ½
• Also, the eyesight must be 6/6
• Minimum height must be 157.5 cm
• Indian Navy- For the entry-level position the eligibility criteria must be as follows:
• He must be unmarried
• Candidate must have the marks of 55% in aggregate in Mathematics and Science in the matric level
• The age must be between 16 to 19 years
• They are taken to the prestigious Naval college for getting the career as Marine/Electrical / Architectural cadres in Indian Nav
• Indian Air force- This is one of the prestigious and well-paid fields in the Indian defense. The Airmen are the basic level position from where the fresher can enter. The following are the eligibility:
• He must have passed 10+2 and obtain 50% of marks in English
• The height must be 152.5cm
• Position of the mechanical driver must have a height between 162.5cm to 165cm
• Also, if you wish to be a ground training instructor, minimum height must be 167cm
• For IAF (police) the height must be 175cm
• They must have the ability to hear forced whisper for 6 minutes. This is for each ear
• Minimum chest expansion must be 5cm
• There will be a written examination. The candidate must qualify the Mathematical reasoning as well as English paper
How to get news about the Indian defense Industry?
This is an important question which every candidate will ask. There was a time when the jobs related to defense is broadcasted in employment news. But today technology has become too advanced. Thus, you can get all the information online. There is the official website for the defense job in India. If you don’t get any information here, the third party website is here as well. There are options for getting job alerts. If you register with that website you can easily get alerts.
Prospect of defense job in India
The prospect of the candidates qualifying in the examination that is destined to recruit the candidates for the Indian Army, Indian Navy, Indian air force, Indian armed force as well as the police department is very high. There are wide ranges of positions from the lower level to a high level. The defense jobs in India are subject to armed force recruitment, Join Indian Army recruitment, Indian coast guard recruitment, CRPF recruitment, ITBP recruitment, armed force medical service recruitment, etc. These are some of the positions in which the candidates willing to have a career in defense can apply.
You can now look at the eligibility criteria, positions as well as the vacancies available for the defense job in India. If you have any doubt, www.mod.nic.in is the official website of the defense ministry. The information is regularly updated on this website. We have tried to collect as much information as possible for you in this content. This can guide you to have a successful career in the field of defense. The above link will help the candidate to have redirection about all vital information.